Monday, February 16, 2009

Daddy


Do you ever get over the feeling of loss when you loose one of the most important figures in your life?




No, I am not sure you do.



I was daddy's girl and I have been missing him so much lately.



This is the daddy I remember as a young kid below.


This is the Daddy who showed us how much family meant.

This is the daddy who had spent his whole life working hard, living the best he could, teaching his kids by example to be honest, trustworthy and hardworking. He also taught us you needed to leave time for fun and adventure to make memories with each other.

This is the daddy who went to War in Germany with a troop of boys and made sure he did not lose a one. That was a big accomplishment I am sure, but he didn't talk about it.





This is the daddy who instilled in us it wasn't the amount of money you had, but the amount of love you gave and if you do your very best it is enough.
The daddy that taught me to ride a bicycle, and a horse and how to take care of it properly.





This is the daddy who liked to take us to the mountains in Colorado and New Mexico every
summer to go Jeeping.
We all loved that and it was some of the most fun we had!



This the same daddy that all the neighborhood kids adored as much as me.
He would pull us around in the snow behind the tractor on a sled he homemade in our garage.





I don't know why, but the other morning as I was making the bed I thought to myself that I
don't think I can remember what his voice sounded like.




That really got to me, and I must say

it still does.




If I could only hear it one more time. . . . . . even if there was a recording. . . .but there isn't.








Daddy was a young 66 when he died after a 2 year battle with lung cancer and I still miss him like it was yesterday, and it has been 23 years now. My dad had been a smoker most of his life and he had beat that habit ten years earlier, and it could have been environmentally caused, but......








I always think that when people smoke they really don't understand the long term ramifications of what they are doing to themselves or to those who love them.



If you smoke think about it, your kids more than likely are.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your story about dad, but I did have a hard time getting thought it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear comments from my friends in the blog world!